Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in 320 Warm Golden

Saturday 20 April 2013




Last year my bestie went to New York for a week so naturally I gave her a lovely long list of beauty products I wanted :-) Top of my list was the Lorac Pro Palette which you will see soon and second on my list was Revlon's newly released foundation...Colorstay Whipped Foundation. After alot of researching on the internet I decided on the shade 320 in Warm Golden. I'm the shade Sand Beige in the regular Colorstay foundation range for Normal/dry skin and Warm Golden seemed to be the shade that matched it the closest.

Revlon say:
-Buildable to full coverage for flawless skin
-Soft, matte finish all day long
-Withstands heat and humidity – great for summer
-Comes in 16 beautiful shades

The texture of this foundation is quite different to anything I've seen before in a really good way. Its thick in density so if I turn the tub upside down the product doesn't drip at all, in fact it stays exactly where it is. Having said that I live in the UK and we have had the worse spring for years! So if you are living in a hotter country with a warmer ambient temperature then the texture could be slightly more liquid.
The texture is so unusual it took me a while to actually think how I can most accurately describe it. With the word 'whipped' in the title and jar container packaging you might want to compare it with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse but Revlon's foundation is definitely not an aerated mousse.
Instead, imagine your thickest body butter...lightly whipped up with one of those wire whips you use in baking. It makes the texture a little lighter and slightly looser but it still keeps just enough density to retain its non-drip formula. It feel like a really smooth creme.

This product applies like a dream! Its really creamy and melts into my skin so beautifully! Especially when I use my fingers! I normally always use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply my foundation as I love the finish it gives me but with Revlon Whipped, I've found that using fingers is the way to go then just give it a quick once over with my Real Techniques brush to make sure its all evenly blended in.

Its gives a medium coverage and is buildable to give you more if you want it. Revlon say Colorstay Whipped gives a Matte finish. It kinda disagree...I have dry skin and for me its semi-matte with a slightly dewy finish.

In terms of staying power, Colorstay Whipped is great! Revlon claimed it will last 24 hours through heat and humidity. I haven't been able to test the heat and humidity part but it certainly does look great at the end of a 12 hr day.

I have to say I love the packaging! Yes its heavy glass and kinda unhygenic if you're dipping your fingers in everyday but it looks so elegant in its Chanel-esque glass jar! One big point which needs to be noted is that the regular Colorstay foundation as well as most other foundations in general contain 30ml where this Whipped foundation only contains 23.7ml. Thats quite a difference for a foundation that costs the same price! This is where I think the jar packaging actually becomes a huge positive because at least with the jar we will be able to use every last drop of product so even though we are getting less product we can actually use it all. I find that with the glass bottles of foundation, you can never use all the foundation and I'm pretty sure that with Colorstay regular foundation bottle you can easily loose about 5ml of product which sticks to the glass and can never get out. So I think that even though we are receiving less product with Colorstay Whipped, in reality I question how much less we are really getting.


Overall I really like this foundation. It gives me good coverage, it applies so easily, melting into my skin effortlessly! Makes me face feel soft like its my own skin, doesn't feel cakey at all. It contains SPF20 (good enough for English weather) and it lasts all day. What more could I want from a foundation! I think I might even prefer it to the regular Colorstay.

I'm so gutted that this foundation isn't available in the UK, I really hope they do release it soon. Its available in the US for around $10-14 and in India for Rs 800.

Have you tried it out? What did you think?

Cherry Lane xoxo





10 comments:

  1. That's a great review...I am also thinking of picking this one up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me wanna buy this :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm yet to try it :) nicee revu..

    http://www.beautyfrontline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Review, Well written and quite helpful :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com
    www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that this has great coverage, but I didn't know that it was buildable. The container looks very luxurious.

    PS. I just posted about you!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heyyy! nice review :D
    Please checkout my blog as well?
    http://the-glamorous-diva.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister loves this foundation. I tried it and I hated it .. Idk why this was just not suiting me , I felt like i was wearing paint on my face..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing article i love it
    You did a great job
    I am also a beauty blogger
    secret Korean method for glowing skin make at home

    ReplyDelete