Fashion Spotlight: Golden Globes 2013

Monday 14 January 2013

The Golden Globes is one of my favourite events during the awards season when it comes to fashion. I would even go as far as to say I prefer it over the Oscars...maybe because it celebrates both film and television. I haven't had a chance to watch any of the actual ceremony yet but here is a little run down of the red carpet couture.

Lea Michele in Elie Saab [source]
Kaley Cuoco in Zuhair Murad [source]
Eva Longoria in Pucci [Source]
Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad [source]
Zooey Deschanel in Oscar de la Renta [Source]
Lena Dunham in Zac Posen [Source]
Tina Fey in L'Wren Scott [Source]
Clare Danes in Versace [source]
Mayim Bialik in anyone know?? [Source]
Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan [source]
Lucy in Carolina Herrera [source]
Halle Berry in Atelier Versace [source]
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Saint Laurant [source]
Emily Blunt in Michael Kors [source]
Sofia Vergara in anyone know?? [source]
A little eye candy to finish off...

Bradley Cooper in Tom Ford [source]
Personally I was pretty disappointed this year! First of all there were not as many Hollywood big hitters that turned up this year and the fashion choices of the ones who did were so boring! They all seemed to be quite safe, nothing too daring or different. There were a couple of statement pieces like Lucy Lui's flower print Carolina Herrara which I think is really pretty and Halle Berry which was a miss for me but good on her for being bold. I also really like the cut out waist in Emily Blunt's outfit, the leather touch in Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's gown and the beautiful colour, embroidery and shape of Nicole Richie's Naeem Khan number.
The two stars I look forward to seeing most are Zooey Deschanel and Emma Stone. I absolutely LOVED Zooey's dress last year ago with the green embroidery on the front (see here) but this year her gown was so plain jane...pretty ugly shiney red number reminiscent of lame prom dresses from a high school romcoms. But hey Zooey is an absolute stunner so she can make anything work. As for Emma I don't think she even attended as I can't find any photo's of her :-(
I can't really pick one favourite this year as there is nothing that really jumps out to me. Don't get me wrong there are some beautiful dresses but nothing that stands out...I mean do you remember Diana Agron's laser cut red origami dress from last year? It was so beautiful!!
If you fancy taking a look back at my highlights of last years Golden Globes check out my post here.
What do you think of the fashion at this years Globes? Do you have any faves? Am I being too harsh? I'd love to know what you think.

Cherry Lane xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I'm super torn about Lucy Liu. I love her and the dress is so pretty, but more because of the print than the dress itself. Kaley Cuoco's dress was a bit low...

    Hosts Tina and Amy were flawless.

    ReplyDelete