Soap & Glory Choc/Cherry Lip Balm!! A Great Kisser!

Sunday 26 February 2012

Hi everyone! I finally have my laptop up and running again! yay! I'm so happy that to do a review of this gorgeous new lip balm I have discovered!

'A Great Kisser' by Soap & Glory is a new range of three fruity lip balms - Juicy Peach, Sweet Coconut and Chocolate Cherry respectively as picture below.



These lip balms contain 'mango butter to moisturise, apricot butter for weather protection, lingonberry oil to boost the barrier repair (and prevent water loss), and pomegranate extract to renew your 'dewy''. 


'Juicy Peach is a gorgeous coral shade, Sweet Coconut is clear in colour with a hint of shimmer and Chocolate Cherry is described as a sheer popsicle pink'

I'm sure you can guess which one I went for..yep the Choc Cherry! I gotta say I just love all Soap and Glory packaging...its so fun and retro! And this lipbalm is no different..its so cute! One great thing I noticed about the tin is that its very easy to open and slides off great unlike the similar Vaseline tubs which can get quite tight and be a nightmare to prise open.




When I first opened it I thought it looked quite bright in the pan but in fact its quite sheer on the lips giving a nice hint of colour and a glossy/dewy finish.

The texture of this product is absolutely gorgeous!! It looks a little heavy in the pan but once you circle your finger around it melts and applies on your lips very easily. It really is unlike any other product I've used and  feels so luxurious! S&G describe it better than I ever could...'its not too waxy, not too slippery, not too greasy, not too sticky. In fact, its just right'. And I completely agree!! It feels extremely moisturising, provides a protective barrier between my skin and the elements which is particularly important in these harsh winter months but at the same time its not too thick, its not too sticky (dont you just hate when the wind blows your hair and gets stuck on your lipgloss eek) and feels so lovely and soft.

The scent actually isn't as I imagined...maybe I have been spoilt by the gorgeous rich fragrance of the TBS Chocomania but the choc/cherry scent of this lipbalm was more like a very subtle cherry chocolate liqueur which personally I'm not too keen on.

Overall, this product is a winner!! Although the scent is quite disappointing it is very subtle and the performance of the lipbalm formula itsself far outweighs this one negative. 'A Great Kisser' leaves my lips feeling extremely soft, moisturised and nourished with a nice glossy finish and indeed very kissable!



Would I buy this product again? Yes definitely I would but I would go for the Juicy Peach flavour.

This product retails at £5 for a 18g tin. Available from Boots.
For more info about Soap & Glory and to check out more of their awesome products please visit their website.

Cherry Lane xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Hey, I have tagged you with Tag-o-mania that has been going round. Kindly check back on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juicy peach is the one I want if my boots ever stocks it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I think that one seems to be the best. Im so surprised Edinburgh boots doesnt have it when my small town one does...weird!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know Soap and Glory did these, they look great! Gonna have to go and hunt these down tomorrow!

    Soph - http://ocbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wont regret it! Its absolutely lush!!

      Delete
  4. looking pretty
    very nice blog im following you follow back please
    ♥ SadeeStyle ♥
    www.sadeestyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh we have these here :) I love some of their stuff! These look really good. :)

    Just stopping by to send some blog lovin your way! Always checking our your adds and sponsors!

    swBeautifulLife.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to have a look around to see if they sold these in the US..where did you see them? I think Sephora stocks some Soap & Glory stuff but not a lot. S&G is really popular here and they're expanding their range into cosmetics too. I cant wait to try more of their stuff!

      Delete
  6. These sound delicious. They make your lips look awesome and shiny!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lip balm, doesn't stay for long?. For how much time does it stay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one lasts for ages! I guess it depends on how much you pucker your lips and stuff but this lasted MUCH longer than my Vaseline tub and felt 10 times better on my skin.

      Delete
  8. they look really nice, I generally just use vaseline or my barry m lipgloss but this looks like something handy to have in the car or in a clutch bag. Will have to go and check them out.

    Sarah xoxo

    sarahbee66.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same...I have about 6 Vaseline tubs all hiding in different pockets, handbags and drawers lol oh I've got the superdrug apple one too which smells lovely but this Soap and Glory one...its more expensive but its definately worth the price tag! Its feels gorgeous and makes ur lips look lush too! haha xx

      Delete
  9. I wish we had SOAP AND GLORY brand in India :(. I think I might try EBAY and see what are the prices there lol. It looks nice on your lips and yes, its annoying to get hair stuck on the lips. Pan lip gloss/balms I try to avoid. Kind of gets messy in the end lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try to do some research to find someplace you could buy it in India but couldnt find anything. Such a shame cos they have some great products. x

      Delete
  10. Oooo that looks lovely... I've never seen soap and glory lip balms like that before... where have I been hiding??!

    ReplyDelete