Ham & Mushroom Savoury Muffins by Hummingbird Bakery

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Although this is not at all cherry related ...I had to dedicated a post to these incredibly scrummy savoury Ham and Mushroom Muffins that me and Rachel made from her Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. I'd never tried savoury muffins before so I was so impressed with how these turned out! They are so easy to make and soooo delicious! Good for brekkie or snack!

Try it out and let me know what you think!!

Cherry Lane xoxo

INGREDIENTS

50g butter
1/2 small onion/shallot finely chopped
80g button mushrooms
360g plain flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
250g grated cheddar cheese
220ml whole milk
1 egg
80g smoked ham
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
We also used sprig of rosemary to add abit more flavour.

Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Cook for 30-35 mins Makes 12




















Recipe Source: Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook by Tarek Malouf

2 comments:

  1. Yummy.. SOunds really good.. .Love your cherry blog.. Really cute.. I love to sew and love,love cherry fabric..
    Bet Rachel will have you sewing too...ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! Im so glad you like my blog! You're so right about the sewing bug...her creations look so good,its quite inspirational! I've just got myself a sewing machine but still need to test it out! So cool that you love cherries too...I will be following you to see your creations too! :-)

    ReplyDelete